Nutrition Tips for a Post-Workday Workout
Nutrition Tips for How to Eat so You Have Enough Energy for a Post-Workday Workout!
- Eat balanced meals/snacks throughout the day so your hunger isn’t out of control when you get home
- Stay hydrated – have a water bottle with you at your desk – better yet, save money and the environment by buying a reusable (BPA-free) water bottle!
- Pre workout snacks should be high in carbs, moderate in protein, and low in fat and fiber (to prevent stomach upset)
- Some snack suggestions include:
For 1 hour prior to workout:
- ½ slice whole wheat bread with 1 TBSP peanut butter
- handful of crackers with 1 oz cheese
- ½ cup yogurt or cottage cheese with a ½ cup fresh fruit
For 15-30 min prior to workout:
- small banana
- handful of dried fruit
- a few crackers